Multiplying slowly

Thu Mar 13 01:08:45 UTC 2008

On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 5:33 PM, Joel S. Berson <Berson at att.net> wrote:

> According to an item on local TV news in Boston, the mayor of
> Randolph, Iowa, has offered a bounty of $5.00 each because (as said
> by the news announcer) "stray cats are multiplying slowly".  Gags welcomed.

Reminds me of a scene in the highly surreal Warner Bros. cartoon, "The
Big Snooze":

Elmer Fudd: Zillions and twillions of wabbits! Where are they all coming from?
Bugs Bunny: [at an adding machine] From me, Doc. I'm multiplying, see?
I'm multiplying!
<http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0038356/>

--Ben Zimmer