foilage

Fri Mar 14 20:03:00 UTC 2008

I pretty much agree with this. I think to this day I probably
pronounce it to myself as "foil~" when reading, though I don't think
I've ever said it or written it down. I do recognize the "foli"
pronunciation.

I don't think I've ever associated the word with "foil," but rather
picked that pronunciation because of the similarities to other words
such as "foil." Particularly as a kid, I generally gloss over new
words when reading and so words just got pronounced however I saw them.

HTH
Benjamin Barrett
a cyberbreath for language life
livinglanguages.wordpress.com