coffin pronunciation

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Sat Mar 15 03:27:16 UTC 2008

Is that your usual, Scot?  Beating people.  How old are you?

I would think that the pronunciation of the vowel in words with "off" in it as "ah" is a recent phonomenon.  In fact if "on" and "off" have the same "ah" sound, it could be confusing if the second phoneme is said softly or drops out.  "Turn it ah..." could be interpreted either way.

See truespel.com - and the 4 truespel books plus "Occasional Poems" at authorhouse.com.