Second Amendment grammar -- the Framers parsed it one way, but will the Supreme Court agree with their analysis? (UNCLASSIFIED)

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at YAHOO.COM
Mon Mar 17 22:27:22 UTC 2008

It is difficult to argue that the present National Guard is _not_ "a well-regulated militia."  Just what that interpretation may mean to the import of the amendment I leave to others.

  JL

James Smith <jsmithjamessmith at YAHOO.COM> wrote:
Sender: American Dialect Society
Poster: James Smith
Subject: Re: Second Amendment grammar -- the Framers parsed it one way,
but will the Supreme Court agree with their analysis?
(UNCLASSIFIED)

My question is: when are they going to get around to
organizing this well-regulated militia? It's been
two-hundred years!

James D. SMITH |If history teaches anything
South SLC, UT |it is that we will be sued
jsmithjamessmith at yahoo.com |whether we act quickly and decisively

http://mail.yahoo.com

http://mail.yahoo.com