FW: Sports Illustrated digital on Thursday--Free!

Cohen, Gerald Leonard gcohen at MST.EDU
Wed Mar 19 02:20:56 UTC 2008

Barry Popik sent me the message below, which I now share with ads-l.

Gerald Cohen

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/17/business/media/17mags.html?_r=1&dpc&oref=slogin
Dusting Off the Archive for the Web
(...)

Sports Illustrated, which faces fierce daily, even hourly, competition with ESPN, Yahoo <http://topics.nytimes.com/top/news/business/companies/yahoo_inc/index.html?inline=nyt-org>  Sports and others, has something its main rivals do not: a 53-year trove of articles and photos, most of it from an era when the magazine dominated the field of long-form sports writing and color sports photography.

On Thursday, the magazine will introduce the Vault, a free site within SI.com <http://si.com/>  that contains all the words Sports Illustrated has ever published and many of the images, along with video and other material, in a searchable database.

                                                                     #   #   #