Mac vs. Mc

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Tue Mar 25 11:56:18 UTC 2008

You mean "1066 and All That" is not authoritative?  A colleague has
reminded me of the following passage:

'Important Note: The Scots (originally Irish, but by now Scotch) were
at this time inhabiting Ireland, having driven the Irish (Picts) out
of Scotland; while the Picts (originally Scots) were now Irish (living
in brackets) and vice versa. It is essential to keep these
distinctions clearly in mind (and vice versa)'

Joel