"bromance"

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Thu Mar 27 13:37:32 UTC 2008

Thanks much to Grant and Arnold for helping me recover from my
half-heimer. Yes, it was precisely words like "man date", the
homonymous "murse", "mangina" [sounds like another potential homonymy
there], "manopause", and such that I was trying to recall.  There are
more of these blends than we really need, and some are a lot more
execrable than others, although our rankings may differ...  (At least
"bromance" isn't one of the worst.)

LH