Slang etymology from South Park ('to cheese')

Thu Mar 27 15:39:01 UTC 2008

A google search for "inhaling cat urine" turned up only 7 hits, one a
reference to the South Park episode. The other six discussed the health hazards of
cleaning the litter box. Surely this is just a satirical nonce form, Wilson? The
gloss for "to cheese" is 'to become intoxicated by sniffing concentrated
urine of male housecats'--not something that seems very likely to work (or cartch
on).

Interesting literary usage/creation, however!

I did find, in a different Google search, the use of the noun cheese to refer
to a type of heroin. See:

http://www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/readart.cgi?ArtNum=183618&Disp=41.

The term does seem to have reached the internet, however; see the following
poll and results, posted on March 27, 2008--after the SouthPark episode had
aired:

http://www.pollsb.com/tags/drugs

"[Question] What does Cheesing mean?
[a] Having a constant smile on your face, usually from drug use ("dude,
you're cheesing" [20%])
[b] Acting slow in order to delay some kind of important event ("quit
cheesing!" [6%])
[c] To get high by snorting or inhaling cat piss." [74%]

In a message dated 3/27/08 9:33:55 AM, hwgray at GMAIL.COM writes:

> On last night's show, there was discussion of a new way of getting
> high called "cheesing." According to the moderater, "cheesing" had
> been given that name because it was _fon_[to] due_.
>
> -Wilson
> --
> All say, "How hard it is that we have to die"---a strange complaint to
> -----
> -Sam'l Clemens

Create a Home Theater Like the Pros. Watch the video on AOL
Home.