Query: "Winner, winner, chicken dinner"

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Sun May 11 18:00:57 UTC 2008

At 10:47 AM -0500 5/11/08, Cohen, Gerald Leonard wrote:
>One of my students has asked me about "Winner, winner, chicken
>dinner" -- something I had never heard of before.   Would anyone
>known anything about it?  I asked my student to e-mail me what he
>had told me so I could forward it accurately to ads-l.  Any
>information/insight about it would be much appreciated.
>
>Gerald Cohen

I don't know about the "at least 20 years" part, but it's been
popularized over the last couple of years (long enough for it to have
become tiresome) by one of the hosts on ESPN's SportsCenter, who uses
it typically as a voice-over accompanying the showing of a walk-off
hit in the bottom of the last inning in a baseball game.

LH