A comparison of U.K. and U.S.A. slang

Josie Whittle josiewhittle at HOTMAIL.CO.UK
Thu May 15 16:32:09 UTC 2008

Dear all,

I'm hoping to do some research into the differences between U.K. and U.S. slang, making a comparison about their similarities and differences.

I was wondering if there was anybody who would be able to reccommend any reading on the topic, any academics who may specialize in this area or anyacademic journals that may have any articles of that nature in? I would be interested to hear anything that anybody has to say about the subject.

Many Thanks