Heard on The Judges: "gank" con; "blow" cell phone; "an habitual ..."

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Fri Nov 21 18:51:02 UTC 2008

A. Marlice, a thirty-ish, black female speaker from Saginaw, MI:

"She the _gank_-master, your honor."

Judge Karen:

'What's a 'gank'"

A.

"That's a con, your honor."

B. Nicole, a thirty-ish, black female speaker from Saginaw, MI:

"That's not true, your honor! She's _an habitual_ liar!"

[ ... ]

Judge Karen:

"I think you trying to _gank_ me, Coco [= B]."

"Gank" has many attestations - I stopped at the 21st - in the Urban
Dictionary, primarily with the meanings, "kill; rob," with a claimed
origin in "gang kill." But I may well have found the simple "con"
meaning, had I kept looking.

-Wilson

-----
-Mark Twain