valedictocracy

James Harbeck jharbeck at SYMPATICO.CA
Sat Nov 22 05:10:39 UTC 2008

Here's a new (and instantly popular) word for which David Brooks is
the vector: valedictocracy.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/21/opinion/21brooks.html?th&emc=th

----
This truly will be an administration that looks like America, or at
least that slice of America that got double 800s on their SATs. Even
more than past administrations, this will be a valedictocracy - rule
by those who graduate first in their high school classes. If a
foreign enemy attacks the United States during the Harvard-Yale game
any time over the next four years, we're screwed.
----

I checked this morning for Google hits and they appeared all to be
citations of this article (already!). The number of hits for it on
Google now is already an order of magnitude greater than it was at 10
AM.

James Harbeck.