meat,meats (was animal "produce"?)

Sun Nov 23 17:58:26 UTC 2008

I'd say "meat"--though if I wanted to suggest unusual inclusiveness I'd say
"meats."

"Vegetarians do not eat meat"--which in the default case includes any kind of
"animal produce." Hence the sardonic euphemism, "East-Coast vegetarian" =
people who will eat fish but not other kinds of meat.

In a message dated 11/22/08 10:52:29 PM, Berson at ATT.NET writes:

> I can't think of a word for animal products that is analogous to
> "produce" for fruits and vegetables.  I am thinking of butchered meat
> or poultry (live or killed) that might be sold at a market
> shop.  ("Poultry" would be half the battle.)
>
> Help!
> Joel

One site has it all. Your email accounts, your social networks,