"wrecked my brain" possible eggcorn?

Herb Stahlke hfwstahlke at GMAIL.COM
Sun Nov 30 00:51:35 UTC 2008

A member of the ATEG list posted the following today:

I have wrecked my brain but have not yet thought of a valid reason why
'had' should appear other than in the three circumstances mentioned.

I googled "I wrecked my brain" and got 317 hits, most of which clearly
meant "wracked my brain."  Googling "wrecked my brain" gets 1180, many
of which could be using "wreck" in its usual sense of "destroyed,"
e.g. "Also I think School has TOTALLY WRECKED my brain! I can't do
anything right."

Possible eggcorn?

Herb