Websters dictionary mandates no "r" at the end of words

Mark Mandel thnidu at GMAIL.COM
Wed Oct 1 01:33:18 UTC 2008

The name "Webster" on a dictionary means nothing by itself.
Merriam-Webster is a respectable publisher of dictionaries, and Noah
Webster of course created the first (first well-known?) US dictionary,
but the name "Webster" is public domain. I don't remember proper
sources for this, but the Wikipedia article
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Webster%27s#The_name_.E2.80.9CWebster.E2.80.9D_used_by_others
or use http://tinyurl.com/3s29c3 ) seems to have good citations.

m a m