Heard on The Judges: "assumed" > "assimulated"

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Thu Oct 2 16:11:36 UTC 2008

Forty-four-year-old-Italian-American Brooklynese-speaker:

"She [twenty-year-old, Italian-Puerto-Rican "high-maintenance"
Joiseyite-speaking fool, six years younger than his daughter, whom he
had confidenced out of $4400] just _assimulated_ that I was connected
[to the Mob and, therefore, figured that she could use that weapon on
him and eventually confidence *him* out of some bucks; she believed
his rap that his job as a pizza-delivery boy was just his front]
because my first name is Carmine and I'm from Brooklyn."

I can't tell Jerseyite from Brooklynese. He said that he was motivated
to pick her up because he could tell by her accent that she was a
"foreigner." They both sounded the same to me.

-----
-Mark Twain