"resurfaced"

Marc Velasco marcjvelasco at GMAIL.COM
Thu Oct 9 18:01:20 UTC 2008

My guesses:

original:
[the issue of] Barack Obama's relationship with Bill Ayers has resurfaced...

edited:
(because we're in blogland/journalism, we like active verbs, those passive
verbs simply won't do; and since we have active verbs we need to make sure
we have actual subjects, so a quick re-write without thinking yields this:)

Since the McCain campaign has resurfaced the matter of
Barack Obama's relationship with Bill Ayers...

Are actual spin-head pundits (ab)using this verbally on-air?