Antedating of "Been There, Done That" (UNCLASSIFIED)

Thu Oct 9 18:56:25 UTC 2008

Classification:  UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

But what about "BT, DT, bought/got the t-shirt"?

"Kids will be kids . . . even when they're actors"
Toronto Star, The (Ontario, Canada) - May 14, 1993 p.C1
Author: Rita Zekas
"Been there, done that, bought the T-shirt. "

"Bickerstaff's job far from complete"
Mark Kiszla. Denver Post. Denver, Colo.: Apr 23, 1995. pg. B.01

"But Mutombo has been there, done that, bought the T-shirt."

"A watery tale of blues, boats and bacon butties - Freud on Friday"
Times, The (London, England) - March 26, 1993  p. 40
Author: Clement Freud

"In the front of the press launch stood photographers carrying huge
lenses; at the rear, wrapped against the elements, sat the elders,
knowledgeable men who had been there, done that, got the T-shirts. "

"Campaign '96 Millner, Cleland stay apart . . . Literally"
Kathey Alexander  _The Atlanta Journal-Constitution_ Atlanta, Ga.: Oct
4, 1996. pg. C.05
" "I believe I know the needs of our state's veterans more than most,"
Cleland said. "I've been there, done that, got the T-shirt."  "

[both of these were from full-text databases, not page images]