more fan-hitting

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Mon Oct 13 03:02:39 UTC 2008

>Except for the original story, which is neither, wouldn't these be
>feghoots rather than shaggy dog stories?
>

>John Baker

I actually proposed the last one below as a possible feghoot to Mark
when we were having that discussion earlier, but apparently I still
don't quite grok the feghoot concept.  It's true they're not classic
shaggy dog stories either.  I remember these fractured proverb
narratives from high school cafeteria, but we didn't have names for
them that I can remember.

LH