green behind the ears (UNCLASSIFIED)

Wed Oct 15 22:28:07 UTC 2008

Classification:  UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

You found "(not yet) dry behind the ears" in 1873.

[no title] The Daily Ohio Statesman (Columbus, OH) Thursday, May 09,
1850; Issue 846/759; p 3 col D
"Why, you irreclaimable donkey, don't you know the "notice" was an
Springfield Rep., (Whig.)</i>"

And wet behind the ears:

[No title] Kansas City Star 1888-07-25; page 2 col 1
"They are all statesmen in the "sunflower state," from Senators INGALLS
and PLUMB down to the new emigrant who is, figuratively speaking, "still
wet behind the ears." "