"ringer" = someone with unexpected assets?

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Thu Oct 16 14:06:56 UTC 2008

Marc, it's the NONfraudulent employment of ringers that I was
interested in, and which is NOT (I think) in the OED.  Ben's message
has told me it's in two dictionaries I don't have on my desktop.

Joel