Q: Dating; Engrish 1985- (UNCLASSIFIED)

Tue Oct 21 15:29:01 UTC 2008

Classification:  UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

Taking "Engrish" farther back  . . .

[Letter to the Editor] HARRY KIRI.  _The Washington Post_ Nov 26, 1942;
pg. 12 col 5.

"Referring to esteemed editoriar regarding correct speaking of
Guadarcanar, so sorrow.  Excuse prease.  Honorabre Editor make mistake.
Japanese have one smarr Engrish difficurty.  Cannont say one useress
retter.  Retter R can say very fine.  When conquer Engrand and America,
our Emperor strike this useress retter out of arphabet.   Wirr be
reguration of Heaven."

"On the Town" Al Ricketts, _Pacific Stars And Stripes_, 08/17/1962 p. 11
col 1.

"Yukiji Asaoka, the second Japanese thrush (Izumi Yukimura was the
first) to appear on the Dinah Shore Show drew SRO crowds during her
stint at the New Latin Quarter last week.  She has a big voice and fine
stage presence, but her Engrish could stand some work."