Already use < Spanish ya?

Wed Oct 22 23:19:22 UTC 2008

I should have explained that the ellipsis simply indicates there's a
pause.

In any case, this sounds borderline at best to me. "Already" in this
sort of use implies to me that there is a prior expectation that
something will be possible in the future and the already means that
contrary to the future expectation, it's true in the present. Because
with Mencia, there's no implication that making fun of handicapped
people will be possible in the future, it seems wrong to me. BB