antedating (?) of "hep" 1907 (Hip and hep)

Paul paulzjoh at MTNHOME.COM
Sat Sep 6 10:58:17 UTC 2008

paul johnson wrote:
That's the shoe!  First made popular to me by "The Amboy Dukes" by
Irving Shulman. (Boy I thought they were hep)
 Good looking and made for street fighting.
To be honest, anything south of Joliet was Terra Incognito to us back
then, then i met this girl and......

When you swim in the sea
And an eel bites your knee
   That's a moray!