glottal "y"

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Sat Sep 13 04:31:38 UTC 2008

It's interesting because if you say "be" followed by "ond", then you've in effect said "beyond" with an elided (dropped out) "y", and no glottal stop.  You can say "uh-oh" the same way.  But "uht-oh" begs the glottal stop, which usually replaces the "t".

See truespel.com - and the 4 truespel books plus "Occasional Poems" at authorhouse.com.