"Lehman"

Mon Sep 15 18:19:06 UTC 2008

On Sep 15, 2008, at 10:50 AM, Matthew Gordon wrote:

> I just had a student paper that included the phrase "to put it in
> Lehman's
> terms". And, no, it was not a mispelled reference to the Indo-
> Europeanist
> W.P. Lehmann.

not, alas, an isolated instance. "in Lehman's terms" pulls up lots of
writing involving people named Lehman, but also a number that don't,
e.g.:

Define being a Methodist in lehman's terms....?
answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080412093432AAq5oqj
[a commenter corrects the spelling]

What are Newton's 3 laws of motion? In Lehman's terms. First Law: If a
body is at rest it remains at rest or if it is in motion it moves ...
www.answerbag.com/q_view/102621

In Lehman's terms, the chips are down for the US. WORREVER the
American Ryder Cup team does is going wrong, so they're me wallies of
the week for a number ...
new.cambridge-news.co.uk/cn_sport_columnists/displayarticle.asp?
id=218964