glottal "y"

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Wed Sep 17 22:53:15 UTC 2008

"Uh oh" and "ut oh" do work like there is a glottal stops between the words.  Certainly "ut oh" is more pronounced.

For "uh oh" there is vowel following a vowel, which begs a bit of a glottal stop.  Of interest are words were vowel follows vowel within the word.  Like "chaos" "idea" "create".   They often are spoken with y-glides.  ~kaeyaas (where ~ae is long a and ~aa is "ah").  In truespel I use an apostrophe between two vowels and glottal stops.  So "chao" could be spoken ~kae'aas or ~kaeyaas and "idea" as ~ieddeeyu or ~ieddeeyu (where ~ie is long i and ~u is short u).

See truespel.com - and the 4 truespel books plus "Occasional Poems" at authorhouse.com.