accusative conjoined subject pronoun on the NYT op-ed page

Wed Sep 24 22:18:25 UTC 2008

9/24/08, Thomas L. Friedman's "Dear Iraqi Friends" column, p. A31:

Don't misunderstand me.  Many Americans and me are relieved by the way
you, the Iraqi people  and Army have pulled back from your own brink
of self-destruction.

[this is framed as a letter from George W. Bush to President Jalal
Talabani of Iraq, Prime Minister Nuri Kamal al-Maliki, and Speaker
Mahmoud al-Mashadani.  there is, however, no other evidence that i can
see pointing to any attempt to mimic a Bush "folksy" style.

the accusative conjoined subject pronoun is still in the on-line
version at the end of the day.

arnold