Antedating of "Jazz" as Verb

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Mon Sep 29 14:45:47 UTC 2008

I've been thinking about getting a copy, myself. Its constant use by
the PM Co. might have soured me on it. But, now that I'm a senior
citizen, it reminds me of the good old days. Well, they weren't
necessarily good. But, as the ancient Greeks are supposed to have been
the first to note:

"All days are good, when they're old."

-Wilson

On Sun, Sep 28, 2008 at 7:20 PM, Jim Parish <jparish at siue.edu> wrote:
> Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
> Poster:       Jim Parish <jparish at SIUE.EDU>
> Subject:      Re: Antedating of "Jazz" as Verb
>> The Trail" as its theme song, IIRC.
>
> He wrote the entire Suite. (My parents had it on LP, and I heard it quite
> a lot while growing up.)
>
> Jim Parish

-----
-Mark Twain