A reminder of the good old days

Mark Mandel thnidu at GMAIL.COM
Sat Apr 4 23:49:51 UTC 2009

On Sat, Apr 4, 2009 at 7:22 PM, Alison Murie <sagehen7470 at att.net> wrote:

> Is there any reason to suppose that that orange glop that is palmed
> off on the unwary as "cheese" actually has any dairy components in it?
> Maybe a
> "cheeseburger" can be kosher after all?!?
> AM

If you were serious about it, you'd insist on checking. But any place
that serves such garbage is unlikely to be using kosher meat and
keeping a kosher kitchen. If they ARE, then they'll tell you they're
kosher, the prices will not be Mickey D's prices, and they'll tell you
on the menu "Our 'cheeseburgers' are made with soy cheese."

For another take: http://thnidu.livejournal.com/389212.html

m a m