postvocalic /l/ intrusion

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Tue Apr 7 22:18:19 UTC 2009

He sounds like a little East Texan to me, Charlie. For instance, I
used to pronounce "cow" as "cowl" and "bow" as "bowl(-and-arrow.)." Of
course, i used the normal, monosyllabic pronunciations and not the
disyllabic pronunciations - cow wul, bo wul, coo-wul - commonly heard
in the North in similar phonological environments.

-Wilson
–––
-----
-Mark Twain