"snap"

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Wed Apr 8 13:50:57 UTC 2009

That sounds like the "in-your-face" literal finger-snap. A great
example is shown in the old, 1976, neo-blaxploitation movie, Car Wash,
in which Antonio "Huggy Bear/Saran Saranwrap" Fargas plays a gay
carwasher. When one of the straight carwashers tries to gay-bash him
metaphorically, Fargas replies:

"I'm more *man* than you will ever *be* and and more *woman* than you
will ever *get*! [Snap!!!]

In this case, the snap is literally an in-yo-face finger-snap in the
other carwasher's face, emphasizing the fact that he's been joned
with/downed and challenging him to *try* to compose a comeback.

But jones such as this one have no comeback. In the movie, the
would-be basher simply says nothing, as would be the case in real
life, there being nothing to say. When someone puts his back up
against the wall, draws his guns, and fires on yo' ass, gunning you
out the saddle like that, ain't nothing you *can* do, bisSEP grin 'n'
bear it..

-Wilson
–––
-----