I do not think that word means what you think it means (UNCLASSIFIED)

Thu Apr 9 16:15:41 UTC 2009

Classification:  UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

> On Apr 8, 2009, at 4:43 PM, John Baker followed up on the query as to
> whether "The Princess Bride" is the source of this quote.
>
> of course the movie wasn't the *source* of the quote.  it's a
> perfectly ordinary sentence of english.
>
> what the movie did was make it into catchphrase.
>
> arnold

I can only interpret this as meaning:

1.  It is wrong to refer to the first place a quote is used as the
"source" of the quote;

Or
2.  Quotes can have sources, but "The Princess Bride" was not the source
of this one.

Could you please expand on what you've said?  Am I missing something?