a precursor to Tom Z

Sun Apr 19 22:13:17 UTC 2009

        The N-Y Daily Globe of May 17, 1847, (p. 2, col. 6) had a brief note welcoming "THE ANGLO SACSUN", a magazine that wanted to "improve the orthography of our language", which the Globe thought sadly needed improving, but that it was "problematical" whether THE ANGLO SACSUN would succeed.
        The Globe's misgivings were well-founded, and I'm afraid that Tom Z should temper his hopes by this example.

GAT

George A. Thompson