"handsy" in the wild

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Wed Apr 29 02:57:06 UTC 2009

At 10:33 PM -0400 4/28/09, Mark Mandel wrote:
>"to themselfs"??!

Well, there's "themselves" as the reflexive for third person specific
plural "they", there's "themself" for third person singular "they",
and apparently there's "themselfs" for third person general plural
"they", which is sort of in between.  Or not.  And the beauty part is
that still leaves "themselve" for future use.

LH