Walk the Walk

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Thu Apr 30 17:48:45 UTC 2009

I'm with Michael, though I know very well that the pros don't accept
personal experience as evidence. I remember the late, great Al Benson
quite well. Saint Louis's black DJ's practically worshipped at his
feet. Note, also, that this fits well with Wilson's Claim: that, back
in the day, it took about ten years for black usages to leap the color
bar into print.

-Wilson

P.S. Michael, did you ever hear of Freddie Goree? We knew each as
children in Saint Louis. He's one of the DJ's featured in a book held
by Widener Library on Chicago's black-music-on-radio scene. -W.
–––
-----
-Mark Twain