beknown

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Wed Aug 5 13:44:39 UTC 2009

Yeah, but "beknown" is called "archaic," and the 1876 "beholden" is from a
book called _Modern English_.

My mother and grandmother used to say "beholden" all the time.

(That's hyperbole for you. I meant that they said it like it was nothing
special.)

JL