WOTY Reference

Baker, John JMB at STRADLEY.COM
Thu Aug 6 18:16:59 UTC 2009

        I wasn't expecting to come across this particular reference to
the ADS.  From a speech yesterday by Robert Khuzami, Director of the
Securities and Exchange Commission's Division of Enforcement,
http://www.sec.gov/news/speech/2009/spch080509rk.htm:

"The credit crisis remains the highest priority in the Division of
Enforcement. To state the obvious, the impact on companies and investors
of the deterioration of credit products, including mortgage and
mortgage-related derivatives and structured products, is staggering. If
you needed any more convincing, I note that the American Dialect
Society, a century-old group of linguists, grammarians, historians and
scholars, recently chose "subprime" as its Word of the Year."

        The speech received quite a bit of news coverage, but none of it
seems to have focused on this passage.

John Baker