Electronically generated speech with accents (UNCLASSIFIED)

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Sat Aug 15 01:29:35 UTC 2009

Interesting reality.  I tried the cereproc.com demo on these words in USA accent:

fourty fifty sixty seventy eighty ninety city pretty phonetic better butter

The "t"s were all pronounced as ~d.  This fact is in no dictionaries but mine, I believe.  It should be recognized as reality for USA accent.  At least as an alternative pronunciation as I"ve done.

Twenty was pronounced ~twunee, which I think is the majority form as well.

see truespel.com phonetic spelling

> Sender: American Dialect Society
> Poster: "Mullins, Bill AMRDEC"
> Subject: Electronically generated speech with accents (UNCLASSIFIED)
>
> Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
> Caveats: NONE
>
> Found while surfing . . .
>
> http://www.cereproc.com/products/voices
>
> This company speech generation software. They vary their products with
> accents (Scots, southern England, President Obama, Arnold
> Schwarzenegger).
> Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
> Caveats: NONE

Windows Live™: Keep your life in sync.