More on "moist"

Sun Aug 16 00:53:19 UTC 2009

Remembrance of Things Past:
from Wilson,  November, 2007:
Heard on "Comedy Channel":

"[A consequence of growing up as a Catholic girl is that] I developed
a thing for Jewish men. Every time I see a yarmulke, I get _moist_."

> > At 8/10/2009 12:34 PM, Alison Murie wrote:
> >>I was perhaps stretching things to attribute the actual expression
> >>"moist panties" to Erica Jong.  (Chances are, no panties were
> >>involved!)  What I was thinking was that the wetness of female lust,
> >>which does figure in Jong's book,  might have been embarrassing enough
> >>to many women that  "moistness"
> >>itself could by association become offensive.   Just a WAG.

The Columbia U. radio station in the 90s and before, carried an opera show hosted by Stefan Zucker, (slightly more demented than the average opera-lover -- in his younger years he indeed used to bill himself as Stefan the Mad).  He would take telephone calls from his listeners and relay the gist to his audience.  One day a woman who was president of a Jose Carreras fan-club called with the observation that she could always tell when a recording was by Carreras, because after hearing it, if she were to toss her panties into the air, they would stick to the ceiling.

Don't try this at home.

I thank my wife for refreshing my memory of this.

GAT

George A. Thompson