another one from a post!

David A. Daniel dad at POKERWIZ.COM
Sun Aug 16 16:44:26 UTC 2009

And yet another eggcorn!!! ... there are still a tone of
them on the internet :)

We've got a long way to go and a short time to get there
-----Original Message-----
From: American Dialect Society [mailto:ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of
Julia Achenbach
Sent: Sunday, August 16, 2009 1:13 PM
To: ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
Subject: Re: Political dysphemisms

Dear Mark,

I would suggest that you browse through political speeches. They are full
of dysphemisms (and of course numerous other stylistic devices). And
thanks to the election not being too long ago, there are still a tone of
them on the internet.
I could also go and check my notes of last semester, because I took a
class on linguistic aspects of political speeches. I might have a 'list'
of some dysphemisms.

Best,

Julia

--
"He, who lives upon hope, will die farting"
[allegedly] Benjamin Franklin (1706 - 1790)