iller

Sun Aug 16 19:20:07 UTC 2009

The rap sense of "ill" appears to be nothing more than US Southern States English. I am not where I can check DARE but I assume it is there.

to confound things a bit, there is now a rap/hip-hop sense of "ill",
with frequently used comparative "iller" and superlative "illest".  a
draft addition of June 2006 in the OED has two senses for this "ill"
-- a negative sense 'aggressive, irrational, crazy; unpleasant,
bad' (an offshoot of the standard senses)