Political dysphemisms

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Mon Aug 17 02:24:43 UTC 2009

Right.  I think dysphemism puts a negative name to things, while a euphemism puts a positive spin.

governmentally?
marijuana - killer weed
committee - tribunal
table the motion - kill it
work projects - pork
telling your side of the story - lobbying.

My county is Palm Beach Fl, famous for electing Pres Busch via a butterfly ballot.  Today a Republican missed a vote that would've censured the governer.  He was in the bathroom for the vote.  This the press called a "butterfly bladder."

see truespel.com phonetic spelling