Pickle

Steve Kl. stevekl at GMAIL.COM
Fri Aug 21 12:21:21 UTC 2009

Out of curiosity, what part of Michigan are you from (I assume Michigan
because of 'chartermi')?
I grew up southwest of Flint, my grandparents were farmers. My father had a
huge garden and we grew tons of cukes, but I never heard any of them call
small cucumbers pickles. Are you up near the Thumb? For some reason I have a
vague recollection that were large cucumber crops up that way, and I'm
wondering if this is a term that people who deal with cucumbers in large
quantities used.