Another success (not!) for Google Books search

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Sat Aug 22 15:49:21 UTC 2009

I was interested in Coke's "The third part of the institutes of the
laws of England ...", 1809.  Google Books shows me that on page 49 I
will find "CAP. XLIX.  Of Piracy, Felonies, [etc.]".  Sounds
good.  But when I download the book, page 49 is something else entirely.

CAP. XLIX shows up on page 111.  The running header reads
      111      Of Piracy.     Cap.49.

(Perhaps one can excuse Google by blaming this on Coke's
publisher.  The page number on recto pages is at the left edge, which
one would think is the edge nearest the binding.)

Joel