Glenn Moon Video

Dave Wilton dave at WILTON.NET
Sun Aug 23 15:55:40 UTC 2009

Glenn Moon is running for the city council of Livonia, Michigan. At first I
was amused by this, and then saddened. It is funny, but the man probably
needs to be placed in the care of mental health professionals. (However, I'm
still not entirely convinced that this might not be satire. If he isn't
batshit crazy, he deserves the time slot after Colbert.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsKRccvcrK4

But I post the link here because of his bizarre grammatical construction. I
don't think he uses a single article in the whole video, and he omits most
of the prepositions. He also runs his noun phrases together into long
compound nouns and refers to himself in the third person.

His candidate statement to the League of Women's Voters is in a similar
style: http://www.lwvnww.org/files/vg_9-09_livonia.pdf (page 9). I've seen
this disjointed style of crazed rants before in writing, but it's jarring to
hear it in speech.

--Dave Wilton