Language lessons: It's time for English teachers to stop teaching that the earth is flat

Thu Dec 3 16:59:55 UTC 2009

Don't blame Global Warming, blame William Wordsworth. He was the guy who
said that the only language worth repeating was that of ordinary men [sic]
speaking to other men.

Or maybe we should just blame Jesus, who spent most of his time hanging out
with poor people, curing their physical ailments (but not putting down
their speech patterns) and condemning the follkways of the rich.