"Hiking the Appalachian Trail"

Dennis Baron debaron at ILLINOIS.EDU
Thu Dec 3 20:20:11 UTC 2009

yeah, I've been doing what I can to promote the term (well, not by
imitating Sanford, you understand), but it seems destined to fizzle
out. What is it about governors, anyway? No good terms came out of
socks-on Spitzer either, did they? At least the former gov of New
Jersey got a ripped-from-the-headlines Law and Order episode, but now
I can't even remember his name . . . .
____________________
Dennis Baron
Professor of English and Linguistics