Teabag (was RE: more on -er (UNCLASSIFIED))

Fri Dec 4 05:22:31 UTC 2009

Matt Gordon
> I haven't been following this thread very carefully, so please forgive me if this has been
> asked and answered. Was "teabag" as the name of a sex act widely known and used
> before 5 or so years ago? I became familiar with the word through its use in online gaming
> (some games allow a player to stand over a fallen enemy and squat down), and I'm wondering
> what role video games might have played in spreading the term.

The use of teabag in the sense indicated is more than five years old.

Citation: The concise new Partridge dictionary of slang and
unconventional English by Tom Dalzell, Terry Victor, Routledge, 2007.

Teabag is given as a verb with 1998 as the date and U.S as the location.

http://books.google.com/books?id=cCVnlIUTpg4C&q=teabag#v=snippet&q=teabag&f=false