"Hiking the Appalachian Trail"

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Sat Dec 5 01:42:44 UTC 2009

At 6:17 PM -0500 12/3/09, Joel S. Berson wrote:
>At 12/3/2009 03:20 PM, Dennis Baron wrote:
>>yeah, I've been doing what I can to promote the term (well, not by
>>imitating Sanford, you understand), but it seems destined to fizzle
>>out. What is it about governors, anyway? No good terms came out of
>>socks-on Spitzer either, did they? At least the former gov of New
>>Jersey got a ripped-from-the-headlines Law and Order episode, but now
>>I can't even remember his name . . . .
>
>Corleone, wasn't it?  Or am I confusing two New Jersey dynasties?
>
>Joel

McGreevey, not to be confused with either McDreamy or McSteamy.

And in a sense, Spitzer and Blagojevich the Illinois hair guy jointly
did earn a whole TV show, not just an episode--"The Good Wife".  And
Mrs. Blago has her own reality show or whatever.  Plus Blago did get
in that nice line on tape--

"I've got this thing and it's [bleep]in' golden and uh, uh, I'm just
not giving it up for [bleep]in' nothing"   [as transcribed]

Maybe not up to the standards of Sen Craig's "wide stance", but it's
not bleepin nothing either.

LH